Maple Pecan Brioche Pudding
- 1 Brioche Pasquier Sliced Loaf
- 100g Butter - softened
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Dates - finely chopped
- 70g Pecans - finely chopped
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- Remove the crusts from the brioche slices and butter generously.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, dates and pecans.
- Spread over the buttered brioche, then roll each piece up.
- Arrange in an oven-proof dish to make a spiral pattern.
- Preheat the oven to 175oC.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla and caster sugar together, then pour over the bread pudding.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle the pudding with the maple syrup and bake for 35-40 minutes until puffed up and golden and the centre is just set.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with ice cream or cream, drizzling with a little extra syrup.